Growing up one of Matt’s favorite traditions with his dad was to eat “fluffernutter” sandwiches with cream soda. Now that he’s grown it’s a tradition that Matt has carried on with the boys. For Father’s Day I wanted to make Matt and his dad something that would remind them of this special father-son tradition. Of course the boys were excited to give them anything that involved them getting to “help” bake!
Last year I made Fluffernutter Bars, this year I decided to create all the wonderfulness of a fluffernutter sandwich but in a cookie! I already have an amazing peanut butter cookie recipe that I use in my Peanut Blossoms, so rather than re-invent the wheel I started with that!
Instead of placing a peanut butter cup into each cookie (which is also amazing), I would just press 3 marshmallows into each cookie. Then I would pop them right back into the oven for a few more minutes just to slightly melt the marshmallows. Here’s what they’d look like before going into the oven:
Now here they are after coming back out of the oven. See how they are all melty and delicious looking? Like a marshmallow straight off the campfire!
Of course Matt would say that it’s a sin to enjoy fluffernutter without cream soda so I made sure to package up a few cream sodas with the cookies!
I also couldn’t resist printing this picture and the boys quotes from our cookie baking. Of course the amazingness of the cookies would convey the boys love for their grandpa, right? Straight from Jack’s mouth!Print
Fluffernutter Bites for Father’s Day
- Cook Time: 11 mins
- Total Time: 11 minutes
- 1 cup Crisco
- 1 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 5 T. Milk
- 2 t. Vanilla
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 2 t. baking soda
- 1 t. salt
- Bag of mini marshmallows
- Dish of Sugar to Roll Dough in
- Heat oven to 375
- Cream Peanut Butter, Shortening, and Sugars. Add Eggs, Milk and Vanilla. Mix Well
- Add Flour, Baking Soda, and Salt
- Roll Dough into small dough balls and roll them in sugar. Place into small muffin cup.
- Bake at 375 for 11 minutes
- Immediately after removing from oven push 3 marshmallows into each cookie, then pop them in the oven for 2-3 more minutes, just long enough to melt the marshmallows!
- Cool and Enjoy with a frosty cream soda!