- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 30 minutes
- Yield: 3 pans 1x
- Category: Entree
- 2 boxes Mostaccioli
- 1 lb. ground Italian turkey, browned and drained
- 1 lb. Italian turkey sausage browned and drained and sliced
- 1 T. dried Oregano
- 2 tsp. dried basil
- 3 cloves garlic diced
- 3 28 oz. cans tomato sauce
- 1 28oz can stewed tomatoes
- 1 diced onion
- 1/2 c. coffee (for real! It takes away the tomato’s bitterness)
- 1.5 lbs shredded mozzarella cheese (or more! the cheesier the better)
- Combine meats and all ingredients except noodles and cheese, then simmer for 3 hours.
- Cook noodles via box directions Drain and rinse with cold water. Reserve 1 c. pasta water after cooking noodles.
- Combine noodles, sauce, and 1 c. cheese. Stir in 1/2 c. pasta water. Add more throughout cooking if needed. Put into casserole dish.
- Cover with foil and bake 45 min or until hot and bubbling. Remove foil and sprinkle with remaining cheese and put in for 15 min or until browned.