Simple Austrian Schnitzel
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Entree
- 2 eggs
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 t. minced parsley
- salt and pepper
- 2 c. breadcrumbs
- 1 c. finely chopped parmesan
- 4 large chicken breasts, sliced thinly into 12 pieces
- 4 T. olive oil
- 1 T. butter
- 1/4 c. white wine
- 1/2 c. chicken broth
- 1 T. lemon juice
- Beat eggs with garlic, parsley, and a dash of salt and pepper.
- In a seperate bowl combine breadcrumbs and parmesan.
- Dip each piece of chicken into egg mix, then into breadcrumb mix.
- Heat 2 T. oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Cook 3-4 pieces of chick at a time, flipping after each side is golden brown.
- Transfer into baking dish and once all cutlets are complete bake for 20 minutes until chicken is cooked through. If necessary add/change oil to keep it from getting burnt pieces in it.
- Lemon Sauce- Wipe off skillet. Heat butter until melted. Add wine and heat 30 seconds. Stir in broth and lemon juice. Simmer 2 minutes. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Serve Schnitzel over egg noodles with lemon sauce poured over the top.
- Recipe freezes well if frozen before baking.