Last weekend we had some unseasonably cool July weather that was the perfect break to the summertime heat. It put me in a baking mood and I discovered these AMAZING sea salt chocolate toffee cookies. Seriously amazing. I adapted this recipe from Epicurious.Print
Sea Salt Chocolate Toffee Cookies
- Cook Time: 12 mins
- Total Time: 12 mins
- Sea Salt Chocolate Toffee Cookies
- Makes 48 medium sized cookies
- 1 c. flour
- 2 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. salt
- 4 cups chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. butter
- 3 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 8 large eggs
- 2 T. vanilla
- 1 pkg chopped heath toffee
- sea salt
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl.
- Melt chocolate and butter in double boiler then cool to lukewarm.
- Using a mixer beat sugar and eggs on high until they are thick, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add in chocolate mixture and vanilla.
- Stir in flour mixture, then toffee.
- Chill batter until firm, approximately 45 minutes.
- Preheat over to 350.
- Drop spoonfuls onto un-greased non-stick cookie sheet.
- Top each ball of dough with a sprinkle of sea salt. Bake until tops are just starting to crack, but still soft, approximately 12 minutes.
Enjoy while still warm with a big glass of milk! Or watch and take pictures while your husband and son bond over these delicious cookies!