A few weeks ago my mom came to North Dakota, and taught me how to make this AMAZING roasted corn salad. It was so amazing that I have made it FIVE times since then. Yes, we have eaten this delicious corn salad a total of six times in about three weeks.
It’s too amazing for me not to share the recipe with you!Print
Roasted Corn Salad
- -4 ears of corn, husked
- -3 T butter
- -4T olive oil
- -1 minced garlic clove
- -1 t. chopped thyme
- -1 bunch of green onions, chopped
- -salt and pepper
- -1 pkg cherry tomatoes, halved
- -8 oz. crumbled feta cheese
- -1/2 lime, juiced
- -2 T. chopped basil
- -Cut corn kernels off each ear of corn. Set aside.
- -Warm butter and 2 T. olive oil, add garlic and sauté for about 30 seconds. Then add the corn until just tender (about 4 minutes). Add the thyme and the green onions and sauté for about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper and cool in refrigerator for about 1 hour.
- -In a seperate bowl combine tomatoes, cheese, 2 T. olive oil, salt and pepper, and basil.
- -After corn has cooled combine with tomato mixture and toss with lime juice. Serve cold.
We have eaten this as a meal alone, as a side to just about anything, and as a salad. My friend also just suggested using Trader Joe’s frozen fire roasted corn to save a step, so next time I’m bringing groceries back from the city I’m going to grab some and try it! I hope you love this delicious summer salad as much as we do!