Last weekend my mom and I hosted a couples wedding shower barbecue for my cousin and his fiancé. The menu consisted of barbecued pork, macaroni, coleslaw and these delicious mini cornbread muffins. This was the first time I made cornbread from scratch and I don’t know why I EVER made them from a mix. They are SO simple and SO delicious.
I actually made this recipe 1.5 times, so that’s why you’ll see three cans of creamed corn versus the two the recipe calls for. This made a TON of mini muffins. Thankfully we were feeding a crowd, but this recipe makes a ton.
It’s as simple as just first mixing the wet ingredients, then adding the dry ingredients and then baking. I’ll definitely be making these again.Print
Mini Cornbread Muffins
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 14 minutes
- Total Time: 24 minutes
- Yield: 72 mini muffins 1x
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cans cream style corn
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup flour
- 2 T. baking powder
- 3 t. salt
- 2 cups cornmeal
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Mix yogurt, oil, and melted butter. Add eggs and sugar. Mix in Corn, cheese, flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt.
- Lightly spray mini muffin cups with cooking spray
- Fill each muffin cup about 2/3 full
- Bake for 14 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
- Remove from pan using butter knife
Serve immediately or warm up muffins for a few minutes before serving.
I hope you enjoy these mini cornbread muffins as much as we did! They go wonderfully with barbecue or my delicious macaroni and cheese!