Have you ever had a Starbucks White Chocolate Raspberry Scone? If not I’d say you’re missing out, but actually with this recipe you can enjoy all of the goodness of Starbucks right at home. Because I didn’t have any white chocolate chips I made them as dark chocolate raspberry scones and dare I say they’re even better?!?
Thanks to my amazing Grandma Verna I have a freezer-full of her garden fresh raspberries. I started by mixing all the dry then wet ingredients.
Then I rolled it on a floured surface into three balls that I flattened.
Next I cut into triangles, brushed with butter, and baked.
Then we enjoyed these delicious treats. No, raspberry scones do not NEED to be served on a heart plate, but isn’t it fun?!
Dark Chocolate Raspberry Scones
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 30 1x
- Category: Dessert
- 4.5 c. flour
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 T. plus 1 t. baking powder
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1 1/2 c. fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 1/2 c. dark chocolate chips
- 2 c. heavy whipping cream
- 2 T. melted butter
- Heat oven to 400.
- Mix dry ingredients, then raspberries and chocolate chips. Add cream and knead together.
- Form dough balls and flatten. Cut into triangles.
- Place triangles onto cookie sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Brush tops with melted butter.
- Bake 20 minutes or until beginning to brown.
- Serve warm.
These also freeze really well if you freeze the scones on parchment paper and then put into a freezer bag. Then you can cook a few at a time to enjoy with a friend over coffee! No Starbucks necessary!