Recently I came across a new favorite simple recipe for these Brown Sugar Bacon Green Beans.Print
Brown Sugar Bacon Green Beans
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 7 mins
- Total Time: 22 minutes
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 cans cut green beans, well drained
- 2 T. dark brown sugar
- 1/4 t. dried red pepper flakes
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat about 5 minutes or until crisp. Place bacon on paper towels. Discard all but 1 T. of the bacon drippings.
- Return sklllet to medium-high heat; add beans, sugar and pepper flakes. Cook 6 or 7 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Top beans with crumbled bacon before serving.
These were SO easy to make too. Especially because I cooked the bacon for breakfast and just set 6 slices aside, then at dinnertime it only took me a few minutes. If you’re looking for an easy side that everyone will enjoy I highly recommend these!